Who are we?
Ark Animal Hospital is growing! We are a three doctor, small animal hospital looking for a Kennel Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is a friendly, professional, compassionate multi-tasker who strives to be an active team member. This is a job for someone who is organized and comfortable in a busy environment. They must love animals and people and want to be part of a team whose mission is to provide top-notch care to our clients and patients. This position requires working during the weekday, weekends and some holidays. Our hospital is a very welcoming and progressive veterinary atmosphere. Your most important job is to present Ark Animal Hospital in the best manner possible and to help us build long lasting relationships with our clients and patients.
Who you are (and why we can’t wait to meet you!)
You are hardworking and positive! You are organized and diligent in your work, prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of the animals we treat. You thrive in the fast-paced environment of a veterinary hospital. You confidently assist the team in day-to-day functions of the clinic as needed. You are comfortable maintaining the high standards of sanitization for the hospital kennels.
· Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment
· Endure standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods of time
· Cleaning and maintaining hospital premises, including deep cleaning of the whole hospital, inside and outside
· Walk through kennel areas regularly, checking each pet for abnormal activity such as vomiting, diarrhea or blood in the cage/run
· Recognize emergency situations, enlisting the aid of doctors and technicians
· Mark records correctly for abnormal eating/weight/elimination habits
· Feed, water and medicate animals according to schedules and special instructions
· Clean and disinfect cages, runs and yards as needed, using hoses and spray bottles fo disinfectant. Use squeegees to remove excess water.
· Walking dogs and socializing cats
· Clean cat litter boxes and disinfect kitty condos.
· Clean and disinfect all water and food bowls.
· Wear personal protective equipment required for each job duty and keep PPE in good working order. PPE includes goggles or face shields, aprons, gloves and/or other equipment assigned.
· Replace soiled bedding in cages/runs.
· Operate washer/dryer to clean hospital laundry.
· Give baths to pets on scheduled day of departure, or as necessary during boarding/hospitalization; this may include performing medicated baths or dips.
· Perform nail trimming, anal gland expression and ear cleaning for boarding pets as needed.
· Assist the receptionist in the boarding pet check-in/out; this includes retrieving and bringing up pet from boarding, taking special instructions for feeding or additional services, returning all personal items upon discharge, and keeping record of all important information.
· Administer flea and tick control on pets as requested by a veterinarian
· Place ID collars on all animals
· Take pets to treatment area for all medical services to be administered.
· Collect any samples (fecal or urine) as requested by a veterinarian.
· Sweep /Vacuum and mop all hospital floors and change all garbage.
· Keep parking lot and dumpster areas clean.
· Know proper animal handling and restraint techniques
· Provide facility tours for clients, explain services offered
· Maintain food and supply storage
Compensation & Benefits
· Sign on bonus of $500*
· Allowance for scrubs
· We offer competitive wages and a generous benefit package.
· Medical; dental; vision and life insurance for full time.
· 401K with us matching 3%
· 7 days of PTO after 90 days for the first year
· Culture, culture, culture! We firmly believe in creating an environment where all team members are happy. Our team is strong and productive because we communicate and support each other.
*sign-on bonus paid upon 90 days of employment
At Ark Animal Hospital we love what we do and it shows! If this sounds like you and you’re ready to be part of a fast-paced integrative practice where you can lead, learn, and grow - we’d love to talk with you! To apply please send a cover letter and resume to arkanimalnola@ gmail.com or drop it off in person.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $7.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location