Welcome to Ark Animal Hospital's Ophthalmic Surgery for Pets in New Orleans, LA
Ark Animal Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional ophthalmic surgery for pets in New Orleans, LA. Our skilled veterinarians understand the importance of ocular health and the impact eye conditions can have on your pet's vision and overall well-being. We offer expert surgical interventions to address a range of eye conditions, providing treatment and improving your pet's ocular health.
Understanding Ophthalmic Surgery for Pets
Ophthalmic surgery refers to surgical procedures performed on the eyes of animals to treat various eye conditions and injuries. These surgeries aim to improve vision, alleviate pain, and prevent further complications. Ophthalmic surgery may be recommended for pets with conditions such as corneal ulcers, cataracts, glaucoma, eyelid abnormalities, or trauma to the eye.
Comprehensive Ophthalmic Surgery for Pets
At Ark Animal Hospital, we offer comprehensive ophthalmic surgery options tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual pet. Our surgical interventions may include:
1. Corneal Surgery: Corneal surgery is performed to address conditions such as corneal ulcers, corneal lacerations, or corneal dystrophy. These surgeries involve repairing or removing damaged portions of the cornea and promoting proper healing.
2. Cataract Surgery: Cataract surgery is recommended for pets with cloudy or opaque lenses that cause vision impairment. The surgery involves removing the affected lens and replacing it with an artificial lens, restoring vision and improving your pet's quality of life.
3. Eyelid Surgery: Eyelid surgery may be necessary for pets with eyelid abnormalities, such as entropion (inward rolling of the eyelids) or ectropion (outward rolling of the eyelids). These surgeries help correct eyelid positioning and prevent discomfort or eye irritation.
4. Enucleation: Enucleation is a surgical procedure performed as a last resort for pets with severe eye injuries, advanced eye disease, or tumors. It involves the removal of the affected eye to relieve pain and prevent further complications.
5. Laser Surgery: Laser surgery may be used in certain ophthalmic procedures, such as glaucoma management or retinal detachment repair. Laser technology allows for precise and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
If your pet has been diagnosed with an eye condition or if you have concerns about their ocular health, please reach out to Ark Animal Hospital. Our expert veterinarians and caring staff are here to provide the best possible care and support for your beloved pet. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or learn more about our comprehensive ophthalmic surgery options.
Let us help improve your pet's vision and ocular health with our expertise and compassionate care in ophthalmic surgery.