Welcome to Ark Animal Hospital's Gingivitis Treatment for Pets in New Orleans, LA
Ark Animal Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional dental care for pets in JNew Orleans, LA. We understand that maintaining good oral health is crucial for your pet's overall well-being. Our skilled veterinarians specialize in diagnosing and treating gingivitis, a common form of gum disease in cats and dogs. With our comprehensive treatment approach and preventive care recommendations, we aim to improve your pet's oral health and enhance their quality of life.
Understanding Gingivitis in Pets
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums caused by the accumulation of plaque and bacteria along the gumline. If left untreated, it can progress to more severe dental issues and affect your pet's overall health. Common signs of gingivitis in pets include swollen, red, and bleeding gums, bad breath, and reluctance to eat.
Comprehensive Gingivitis Treatment for Pets
At Ark Animal Hospital, we provide comprehensive gingivitis treatment to help restore your pet's oral health. Our services include:
1. Dental Examinations: Our skilled veterinarians perform thorough dental examinations to assess the extent of gum disease and identify any underlying dental issues. We use specialized dental instruments and diagnostic imaging to ensure accurate diagnoses.
2. Professional Dental Cleaning: To treat gingivitis, professional dental cleaning is essential. Our veterinarians utilize safe and effective techniques to remove plaque and tartar buildup from your pet's teeth and along the gumline. This helps eliminate the source of inflammation and prevent further progression of gum disease.
3. Periodontal Therapy: In cases where gingivitis has progressed to periodontitis (advanced gum disease), we provide periodontal therapy. This may involve deep cleaning under the gumline, root planing, and other specialized procedures to remove bacteria and promote gum tissue healing.
4. Antibacterial Treatment: We may recommend antibacterial treatments, such as mouth rinses or gels, to help reduce the bacteria causing gingivitis and prevent further infection.
5. Home Dental Care Recommendations: To maintain your pet's oral health and prevent the recurrence of gingivitis, our veterinarians will provide you with tailored home dental care recommendations. This may include regular toothbrushing, dental chews or treats, and specific dental hygiene products.
6. Ongoing Dental Maintenance: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are crucial for preventing gingivitis and maintaining your pet's oral health. Our team will create a personalized dental maintenance plan to ensure your pet receives regular preventive care.
If you suspect your pet may be suffering from gingivitis or if they require dental care, don't hesitate to reach out to Ark Animal Hospital. Our expert veterinarians and caring staff are dedicated to improving your pet's oral health and overall well-being. Contact us today to schedule a dental examination or learn more about our comprehensive gingivitis treatment.
Help your pet achieve a healthy smile with Ark Animal Hospital!