Welcome to Ark Animal Hospital's Cancer Surgery for Pets in New Orleans, LA
Ark Animal Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer surgery for pets in New Orleans, LA. Our skilled veterinarians understand the challenges and concerns that come with a cancer diagnosis in pets, and we offer expert surgical interventions as part of comprehensive cancer treatment. Our goal is to remove tumors, provide pain relief, and improve the overall quality of life for your beloved pet.
Understanding Cancer in Pets
Cancer is a common and serious health concern in pets. It can affect various organs and tissues, leading to the formation of tumors that can be malignant (cancerous) or benign (non-cancerous). Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment, including surgery, are crucial in managing cancer and improving your pet's prognosis.
Comprehensive Cancer Surgery for Pets
At Ark Animal Hospital, we offer comprehensive cancer surgery options tailored to address various types of tumors in pets. Our surgical interventions may include:
1. Tumor Removal: Our skilled veterinarians perform surgical procedures to remove tumors. This may involve excision of localized tumors, removal of abnormal masses, or debulking surgeries to reduce the size of tumors when complete removal is not possible. The goal is to remove as much tumor tissue as possible to alleviate symptoms and slow down the progression of cancer.
2. Biopsy: In cases where the nature of the tumor is uncertain, our veterinarians may perform a biopsy. This involves the removal of a small tissue sample for laboratory analysis, helping to determine the type of tumor and inform further treatment options.
3. Surgical Oncology: Our veterinarians are experienced in surgical oncology, which involves the removal of tumors and surrounding tissues to prevent the spread of cancer. They follow strict surgical protocols to ensure complete tumor removal and minimize the risk of recurrence.
4. Palliative Surgery: In some cases, cancer surgery may be performed to alleviate symptoms and improve the quality of life for pets with advanced or metastatic cancer. Palliative surgeries aim to provide pain relief, improve comfort, and enhance overall well-being.
5. Rehabilitation and Post-operative Care: Following cancer surgery, our veterinarians provide comprehensive rehabilitation plans and post-operative care guidance. This may include pain management strategies, wound care, rehabilitation exercises, and regular follow-up examinations to monitor your pet's progress.
If your pet has been diagnosed with cancer or if you have concerns about their health, please reach out to Ark Animal Hospital. Our expert veterinarians and caring staff are here to provide the best possible care and support for your beloved pet. Contact us today to schedule a consultation or learn more about our comprehensive cancer surgery options.
Let us help your pet in their fight against cancer with our expertise, compassion, and advanced surgical techniques.